Friday, March 4, 2011

I Went Shopping!

I went to Tops yesterday fully armed with my Coupon Doublers that I told you about at the beginning of the week.  One of the great Cashiers at my store told me if I went through self check out I could split up my transactions and use 4 Doublers for each transaction instead of making multiple trips to Tops!  AWESOME!


Here is what I got:
3.5 lbs Sirloin Steak
8 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2lbs Green Seedless Grapes
Bananas
2 Limes
Cilantro
Ginger Root
2 Packages Bean sprouts
14 Sweet Red Bell peppers
Organic baby carrots
1 Tops Steamed Veggies
3 Half Gallons Blue Diamond Almond Milk (H is off of dairy)
1 Dozen Large Eggs
2 Tops brand 64 oz all natural unsweetened Apple juice
1 Simply Limeade (im freezing this for tequila limeade slushies on my new patio come this summer)
2 Friendship low fat cottage cheese
2 Friendship Light Sour cream
2 Yoplait Greek yogurts
1 Parkay
4 Kraft Shredded cheese
12 Redpack peeled, crushed, and diced tomoatos
Hoisin Sauce
2 Kikkoman teriyaki marinade
1 Quaker Oats High Fiber oatmeal
1 Quaker Oats Cinnamon Oatmeal squares
1 Roman Meal wheat bread
6 loaves of Peppridge Farms Swirl bread
Chow mein noodles
2 packages of Rice noodles
6 idahoan mashed potatoes
6 jars of Prego
12 Bar-S turkey hotdogs
8 Pop secret Homestyle popcorn
2 Aunt Jemima Waffles
12 Gortons Fish sticks
7 Weaver Chicken Breast nuggets
1 Gortons grilled tilapia
4 rosseto stuffed raviolis
1 jimmy dean sausage
1 Duncan Hines dark chocolate brownies
Total before coupons: $379.23
Total after coupons: $130.58
I saved $248.65

I am a stockpiler, so most of these items go into the stockpile.  I also have so many groceries from the last few weeks that I have stockpiled that I'm pretty sure i don't have to shop for the next 2 months except for some fresh veggies, fruit, bread, milk, eggs.... but that's it!


I spent  more than I normally do.  I usually break up my shopping and do it weekly, but with Doublers, I wanted to do as much as I could this week and take full advantage of the great savings. My monthly budget  for the 4 of us (including diapers) was $200/month, but I have been trying to lower it to $120/month.  Please understand that even though I dont need 12 bags of fish sticks right this minute,  I got these at a stock up price and I wanted to stock up for the year.  Same thing with the popcorn, nuggets, redpack tomatoes etc.  I stock up when I can get this stuff for pennies.  That saves me money in the long run. Also, a lot of the things I bought this week were for a Weight Watchers Recipe I wanted to try for Vietnamese Pho.  It turned out AWESOME! Except, we ate it all - but that's ok because I bought enough to make a ton more!  

My favorite part of all of this is I've saved up $ .90/gallon of gas this week from all my coupons and shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment