Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Won!

I follow a blog called My Frugal Adventures .  It's a great national blog based out of California.  I often find a lot of the great deals I post about on that website.  One post that caught my eye was for a sweepstakes from Dr. Oz.  I rarely do sweepstakes or contests because the odds are usually pretty bad and I never win anything.  But this particular one had fun looking stuff that I thought I could try for. They were giving away 800 pairs of Skechers Shape-Ups.  I figured I had no chance but gave it a try anyway... and I won! The contest was on Tuesday and I was going through some emails today to see if I got any good coupons or if I spotted any good sales and I noticed one from Skechers.  I thought maybe it was just their newsletter and when I opened it, it said that I was one of the first 800 entrants to win!  How cool is that?!  I have been wanting these sneakers since they came out, but at $100 a pair, they didnt really fit into the budget. 

I suppose if you find a contest for something you really want you should give it a shot...even if it seems impossible... you just never know!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Nice job. Those are great sneaks. Somebody's mother swears by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see many discounts on Skechers Shape-Ups out there. I am currently in the market for a pair. Are they just too good to discount?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, dolfman1! These rarely if ever go on sale! They are a pretty HOTT item! I will definitely keep my eye out on this specific item for any sales especially during Black Friday. If any of my readers have specific items they need to find deals on I would be happy to see what great sales and scenarios I can come up with! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete